Thursday, June 10, 2021

Senior Camp on Kawau Island!

 In Week 4 (Monday 24th of May - Friday 28th of May), the Y7&8 classes from GTS went to Kawau Island for our Senior School Camp. We absolutely loved it. For many of us, it was our first time away from home so it was frightening but the FUN times outweighed that.

We got to go kayaking, sailing, raft-building, orienteering, rock-climbing and abseiling. 

On Wednesday night, we had to do a Burma Trail through the bushes and on Thursday night, we had a FIAFIA night. Our students were organised into groups and each group performed a dance performance and came up with a chant!

There was a big group of us who went. 12 teachers/staff members and 63 students. 

Here are some photos of how camp went for us!!!








6 comments:

Oliver said...

Hello Glen, These photos are nice to look at, and I see that many people are wearing wacky things. Did you know my school also did a camping trip? But my camping trip was at hammner springs. Did you stay there over night? And also what was your favorite thing to do there?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Its sounds like a really fun camp. I like how you added photos. What was the best thing to do there?

Tyson said...

These photos are nice to look at, and I see that many people are wearing wacky things. Did you know my school also did a camping trip? But my camping trip was at hammner springs. Did you stay there over night? And also what was your favorite thing to do there?

Lola.T said...

Kia ora! I'm Lola from Belfast school and this blog post looks amazing! I love the pictures you too while you guys were at camp, they look super fun! I'm wondering, how was the trip on the way to the camping site? And how long did you stay at camp? When I was at camp, I stayed there for two whole day! Love your blog post! See you next time!!

Mae @ Belfast School said...

Hi!
I'm Mae from Belfast School And this blog post looks fun! I like the pictures when you guys were at cam. Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

wow that all looked really cool but the bout one was my favorite it just looked really cool and I hope you all had a lovely time doing that.