Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Maritime Museum Trip 12/4/21

 On Monday 12/4/21, the Senior School went on an expedition to Maritime Museum. 

The highlight for us all was the Waka experience. The Waka called Haunui is 1 of 7 that are part of the Te Toki Voyaging Trust. 

Te Toki is dedicated to revitalising and celebrating traditional Pacific voyaging culture. We heard stories about our Pacific Island ancestors who travelled the Pacific Ocean to settle and inhabit the islands that we know today as Hawai'i, Tonga, Samoan, Rapanui, Cook Islands and Aotearoa and many more.

This trip was amazing! Here are some photos from our day at Maritime.








14 comments:

Anonymous said...


That looks pretty cool. Did anyone feel sick? From Anonymous
person

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Shelby your
Maritime Museum Trip looks really fun. Did anyone get sick on the boat?

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Maddison.
Your maritime museum trip looks like it would have been fun and exciting to go on. I hope no one got sick during the trip.

Anonymous said...

Kia Ora My name is Daz
How was the trip? and did you go swimming?.

Anonymous said...

Hi, it´s Ben from Ahipara School. It looks like the museum was very interesting. You guys must have had a very fun trip on that boat.

Anonymous said...

Hi its Brodie from Ahipara School
The museum trip looked really Fun If you went swimming Was it cold?

Anonymous said...

Hey my name is Wati I really like your presentation. Maybe you could add a bit more detail?

Anonymous said...

Hi im Cormac.
It looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip but i was wondering if it was cold.

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Tane from Ahipara school.
It looked like the boat ride was really fun and when you went swimming was it cold?

Isabella said...

Kia Ora Ngwe, Its Isabella from Belfast school.
I like the way you showed some pictures in your blog post.
This reminded me of when me and my school went sailing.
Maybe you could add a bit more detail in exactly what happened so what was the story behind it.
Did you go swimming?

Jacob said...

I really liked sailing even though I did not go i really liked it looked fun. Was it fun for you. From jacob

Tonga said...

I really like your sailing thing you gays did it looked like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, it´s Hunter from ahipara school, That trip looks cool was it cold or windy?